02 Jun 10 Great Hikes for National Trails Day
This Saturday is National Trails Day. To help promote and celebrate the importance of trails, we’ve updated our Top 10 Hikes list (although not all of them are in the U.S.).
1. Quilatoa Loop Trails – Isinlivi, Ecuador
2. Ko’olau Old Pali Road – Oahu, Hawaii
3. Girón Upper Falls – Girón, Ecuador
4. Ute Trail, Rocky Mountain National Park – Colorado
5. Emerald Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park – Colorado
6. Mary’s and Virginia Falls, Glacier National Park – Montana
7. Hidden Lake Overlook, Glacier National Park – Montana
8. Highline Trail, Glacier National Park – Montana
9. Silver Falls – Oregon
10. Olomana – Oahu
“Trails give us a means to support good physical and mental health; they provide us with a chance to breathe fresh air, get our hearts pumping, and escape from our stresses… Trails do not just magically appear for our enjoyment; their construction and maintenance takes hours of dedicated planning and labor. So give thanks to your local volunteers and consider taking a day to give back to your favorite trail.” – NationalTrailsDay.org
What are your favorite hiking trails? We’d love to see your recommendations in the comments below.
Get our best tips and resources for transformational travel
Subscribe now to get our free Checklist for International Travel, plus other exclusive content about how to travel more, save money, and enjoy transformational experiences around the world.